1.16.2008

OH the HUMANITY!

Don't you love it when you put your kids to bed, to have them wake up 3 hour
s later covered in "stuff". It all started with Maren. We got her cleaned up, bed changed and back into bed. All of a sudden, we hear Riley following in a close 2nd. Cameron and I looked at each other with panic, like this was going to be the Pedersen Pandemic. We went and armed everyone with bowls at their own little stations. We got Riley cleaned up, and what do you know. . . both girls started losing it at the same time!!! So instead of being able to tag team them, we had to both take one. Riley just kept going all night long about every 20 minutes. Cameron ended up sleeping in Riley's room and I slept in Maren's room, so we could get to them faster. Cameron got so good that we didn't have to change Riley or the sheets the last 20 times she threw up. It was AMAZING! In the end, I did about 5 loads of laundry (it would have been more if it weren't for my large capacity washer & dryer... HMMM LOVE!) We used up every sheet in the house, all of Riley's pajamas (she ended up in regular clothes at the end) and neither Cameron or I slept a wink.


Luckily the boys didn't get sick. We had to set up camp in the family room the next day. I had the girls on both sided of me. One time I got up and I turned over to Maren and told her (like she was going to totally understand me) that if she was going to be sick, do it in the bowl. So she reached over and just laid her head inside the bowl.
I am happy to report they are both feeling better today.


When the days get long and the kids are out of control and don't listen
to a word I'm saying, I'll keep telling them to just go sit down and do nothing! It's at these moments when my kids are sick and doing NOTHING, because they can't, that I'm the most grateful that they are healthy and happy little people. Because when they are aren't feeling good, I would give anything for them to be running around driving me crazy again.

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

Did Cameron make Wild Mushrooms wiss Beesk for dinner? I love the picture of Maren in the bowl. I'm sure she understood your instructions and was just being thorough.

C Ped said...

Maren's head in the bowl is awesome! Dude, did you get new couches?

Robin Pedersen said...

New couches!!!! I don't mean to be shallow about the kids being sick, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. But NEW COUCHES! Seriously! I feel like I have a new grandchild and nobody told me. We need to have a memorial service for the old couches. In the history of furniture, no one got their money's worth out of couches like those denim couches.


P.S. I hope my granddaughters are OK.

matt and brynnzie said...

Sorry, about the sickness, it is no fun, but I did love the head in the bowl. That was great. Congrats on the new furniture. Send pictures to all. Since obviously that is more important to some people (Nana) than your sick children

Robin Pedersen said...

Sick on Monday or Tuesday means nursery from Sunday. "Mormon Rule"

The Quist Family said...

Oh Mercy!! I have yet to experience the two for one special...knock on wood! Congrats on the new furniture, it's always fun!!

The Scotts said...

I love Maren's head in the bowl! Sorry that they are all sick and that you guys didn't get any sleep. I just love those nights!

sara said...

Stephanie,
I want you to know that it's 4 a.m. and I think you jinxed me. I've been up with JP puking his guts out every half hour. Thanks a lot!!!

510Jen said...

Oh man. If there is one thing I can't do but obviously HAVE to do is throw up. One thing about motherhood that just kills me. Thank goodness for you washer and dryer. A dream I am jealous maybe one day right.

Carrie Anne said...

Oh Steph I feel the pain! Isn't it funny how when I know Rebecca is really sick, truly sick, she is compliant and so sweet and innocent and I think, "Wow! Something is really wrong!" And then they're back to normal and you appreciate those sick times...except for the messes and smells. YUCKY!:) I'm glad you survived the Pedersen Pandemic.:)