4.30.2009

:: my new project ::

So here is my next big project.


I got this about 2 months ago at a antique/craft co-op store. I have been wanting to get a desk for the boys room so they can do their own projects without having to put everything away every time. The girls are notorious for getting into things and causing serious damage. So when I saw this, I had to have it. It's big and it's heavy and I love the feet. And it's not really missing a drawer, I was just too lazy to put it back in before the picture. The best part was the $8.00 price tag. My plan is to strip it and stain it dark. Normally, I would pull out my gallon of black paint (is it bad that I buy black paint by the gallon?) but we are being over run by black furniture. It's everywhere. So we're treading new water here. I've got a deadline - 2 weeks. The boys keep bugging me about it, they want it - BAD! So, here we go. Wish me luck!




7 comments:

angela said...

i can't wait! you actually accomplish the things i think about doing.

the pleasures of homemaking said...

Wow $8 was such a deal for what looks like a very well made desk! Love the shape. Can't wait to see it done!

Manuela

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I love this desk! I would paint it black. Much easier. (Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in.) Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Amber said...

What a find. I can't wait to see the results.

Amber said...

$8? With your ambitious plan, you may pay in work instead. The desk has great style and I like the legs also. Just think of all the rocks and frogs the boys can hide in the drawer with a lock.
Your children are beautiful. You are in a very blessed time of life with a young family. I miss that.
See you in two.

Megan Young said...

Looks like fun.

Jill said...

You are ambitious. I don't like stripping wood. I would have to paint it instead. I am sure it will look fabulous when done!