6.05.2009

:: it's official ::

Summer has begun.


I'm bummed these pictures were blurry. I saw the bus go pass the window, so I was a caught a little off guard. And they were running really fast at me. I couldn't get it together fast enough.


Are they excited? You betcha. Me? Make the smallest space between your thumb and pointer finger, that's where I'm at. More time at home means, everyone's volume level goes up a couple of notches, more "mom, can I have...", more fighting, more I'm bored. I'm glad that I get them home, but to be honest, I'm a little afraid of them too. They are going to be demanding little people again. And I can guarantee that I will hit my all time record this summer of saying "Knock it off!"

5 comments:

Sarah said...

oh I am so there with ya- not sure how I feel with 5 kids being home ALL DAY!! I already have to say "knock it off" more than enough each day and now it is going to double (well, we still have 2 weeks to go until summer) I better soak it in before I will no longer have ANY peace and quiet. Maybe we will have to come up for a visit.

Robin Pedersen said...

If the size of those balloons has any correlation to your enthusiasm for having them home and your energy level, I get it. I'm a little scared of them all together to.

Summertime Designs said...

I am loving the "welcome sign". I remember on our first day of summer I called Cory in the afternoon and said, "I can't believe this is only day one!" I feel myself aging each time I hear the call of, "MOM!"

Jill said...

I love the pictures even if they are a bit blurry. You captured their excitement and that is what matters. Summer vacation is still almost 4 weeks away for us, and then we only get two weeks off before school starts again. They probably won't have time to be bored, but I am sure they will still fight. Oh, the love of siblings...

Carrie Anne said...

what's awesome is that you captured them right off the bus! that's great. good luck this summer!!! we've had several rainy days this week...not cool...even little james has begun to bug bee like crazy!